Get Your Passport
At least €2 million investment in:
- Investment in real estate, land development and infrastructure projects or
- Investment in financial assets of Cypriot companies or Cypriot organizations or
- Investment in Alternative Investment Funds or financial assets of Cypriot companies or Cypriot organizations that are licensed by CySec or
- Combination of the aforementioned (Within this criterion the applicant may purchase special government bonds of the Republic of Cyprus, up to €500.000)
OTHER REQUIREMENTSThe applicant must have a clear criminal record
Other required documents include the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Copy of passport
- Marriage Certificate
- 2 passport size photographs
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Permanent Residency Permit
The investor and his/her adult family members prior to their naturalization as Cypriot citizens must hold a residence permit in Cyprus. If the applicant (either investor or family member) does not already hold a residence permit, he/she may apply for an Immigration Permit on the basis of Regulation 6 (2) of the Aliens and Immigration Law, simultaneously with the application for naturalization. In relation to the submission of an Immigration Permit application solely for the purposes of acquiring the Cypriot citizenship, in accordance with the provisions of this Scheme, there are no other conditions than those stated in the Scheme. For the issuance of the Immigration Permit the collection of the applicant’s biometric data (fingerprints and photograph) and signature is mandatory. In order for the biometric data to be collected the applicant is required to appear in person at the Civil Registry and Migration Department. Moreover the applicant needs to present an original travel document.
- Citizenship is granted to the applicant & his/her dependent family members (to the spouse or partner of the investor, to the parents of the investor and to the financially dependent minor & adult children)
- The timeframe for the completion of the examination procedure is approximately 3 months from the date of submission of the application.
- In the event where the applicants were not already holders of permanent residency permits, the procedure for the acquisition of the Cypriot citizenship will be completed, provided that the applicants hold a residence permit for a period of at least 6 (six) months only.
- There are no Greek language proficiency requirements and no obligation to reside in Cyprus
- Freedom of movement and establishment within the EU
- Free movement of capital, services and goods
- The acquisition of Cyprus citizenship does not require the renouncement of existing citizenship, which may thereby be retained
- A combination of investments is available hence, allowing the investor to spread investment risks.